Everyone loves to live a healthy life and good sleep will help you to increase your health in many ways. For good sleep, you need a good mattress. Here is the list of best mattress under 10000 in India. Before Going to list lets understand various mattress types comes under this price range.
List of 7 Best Mattress under 10000 With Detailed Pros & Cons
Boston Foam Mattress
This mattress is made up of high-density high resilience (HR) foam and a quilted cover with cushioning foam.
The cushioning effect in this mattress is very good. It relieves pain and stress from your spine, hips, shoulders, and neck.
So this mattress gives you better comfort and good sleep throughout the entire night.
Duroflex Coir Mattress
This mattress promotes air circulation inside the bed and maintains the mattress in a cool state.
It has a 5-zoned exclusive orthopedic support layer that supports our back and provides comfortable sleep throughout the night.
It was made by high-density coir which makes the mattress firmer than other mattresses.
Duroflex Bonnell Spring Mattress
This mattress provides firm support and great comfort while sleeping.
However, it has some transfer motion problems but it is said that this mattress is sag resistant.
The weight of this Bonnell spring mattress is 15 kg and the dimensions (length, width, and height) make it a perfect choice for a single person.
This mattress has knitted fabric with foam quilting so you can get a good comfortable sleep.
Boston Pocket Spring Mattress
This Pocket spring mattress is made up of pocket spring and high resilience foam.
Here the primary material is pocket springs so you don’t need to worry about the heat retaining properties of the foam.
This mattress has good air circulation inside the mattress.
Thus giving more comfort in sleeping and resisting the heat-retaining property of foam mattresses.
As said above, a spring mattress minimizes the motion transfer greatly.
Sleepy Head Memory Foam Mattress
This memory foam mattress provides you comfortable and undisturbed sleep throughout the entire night.
This mattress has been made with a perfect amount of firmness and bounciness.
This mattress also has removable and washable outer fabric. The weight of the mattress is 10.1 kg which is a little bit heavier so it is difficult to move around easily.
It has different layers of foam such as support foam, responsive memory foam, comfort foam, and breathable fabric.
Sleepy Cat Gel Memory Foam Mattress
This mattress is one of the most recommended mattresses because it gives more comfort and eliminates the major problem of foam mattresses, i.e. Heat retaining property.
This mattress is made of high-density, support foam, and the top layer is made of 1-inch gel memory foam.
This mattress helps in relieving pain in your body and supports your spine and has no transfer motion problems.
Russo Latex Mattress
This mattress is made up of pure natural latex obtained by the Dunlop process and contains no chemicals.
This mattress has a dual feel feature which means at one side you feel a medium soft surface and on the other side, you feel a firm surface.
It is one of the heaviest mattresses when compared to other mattresses.
Other Mattress According to Price Range
Various Mattress Types Comes under the Price Range of 10000
1. Foam Mattress
The foam mattress is the popular and most sold mattress in India. The foam mattress was first introduced by Firestone’s polyurethane foam mattress.
Later, foam mattresses became famous because memory foam was produced under NASA’s contract and then later NASA has released the technology to the public in 1980.
By using foam, we can make three different types of foam mattresses. They are
- Latex Foam
- Memory Foam
- High-Density Foam
The majority of foam mattresses consist of petrochemical-based polyurethane foams.
Even other mattresses like coir mattresses also use foam as one of their layers to give more comfort.
Advantages of Foam Mattress
- The foam mattress provides a high level of comfort and uninterrupted sleep throughout the night
- There will be less or no motion transfer problem in the foam mattress.
- Foam mattresses are highly resistant to dust mites and good for allergic people.
- It can relieve your body pain and supports the alignment of your spine.
Disadvantages of Foam Mattress
- Foam mattresses retain heat and not a perfect choice for countries with hot climates such as India, Malaysia, etc.
- Foam mattresses are heavier than other mattresses; it is because of the high-density foam present in the mattresses.
2. Coir Mattress
Coir mattress is cost-efficient and one of the eco-friendly mattresses made of non-harmful material.
Coir mattress is crafted using coconut fiber or coir. Coir is nothing but the outer husk of a coconut.
To make a coir mattress, the makers extract the outer husk of the coconut and using that coir they make a fine coir mattress.
Coir mattress is also coated with other materials like foam and cotton.
Coir acted as a primary material but it was coated with foam and then layered with cotton to get a more comfortable mattress.
Advantages of Coir Mattress
- Coir mattress is a cost-efficient and eco-friendly mattress.
- It does not retain heat like a foam mattress; it stays cool so it is one of the best choices for countries with hot climates like India.
- It has less or no motion transfer problem.
Disadvantages of Coir Mattress
- When it comes to comfort, it does not provide comfort like a foam mattress. Coir mattresses are harder than foam and cotton mattresses.
- The lifespan of a coir mattress is shorter than other mattresses.
- Coir mattresses are more prone to dust mites and not suitable for people with allergies.
3. Bonnell Spring Mattress
Bonnell spring mattress is one of the earliest spring mattress technologies which is still in use.
Bonnell spring mattresses use inter-connected wire coil technology, that is, all the metal springs are connected through a wire coil in a mattress.
The movement on one end of the mattress will affect all over the mattress. It is due to the interconnected wire coil technology of the mattress.
Advantages of Bonnell Spring Mattress
- Unlike foam mattresses, it does not retain heat; it promotes and ensures air circulation to provide maximum comfort.
- It is more suitable for countries with hot climates such as India, Thailand, and Sri Lanka.
Disadvantages of Bonnel Spring Mattress
- Bonnell spring mattress is firmer than other spring mattresses.
- Motion transfer is one of the major disadvantages of the Bonnell spring mattress.
4. Pocket Spring Mattress
The Pocket spring mattress is also one of the types of spring mattress but the springs are not interconnected inside the mattress.
An English engineer and machinist, James Marshall invented the technology behind the pocket spring mattress in 1899.
Then he received a Canadian patent for his invention in 1900. The invention was called by either Marshal coils or pocketed springs.
Later, he created a company and started to manufacture the mattress using his pocketed spring technology.
Advantages of Pocket Spring Mattress
- Unlike other spring mattresses, pocket spring mattresses have very little motion transfer because the springs are connected and move individually.
- Pocket spring mattresses are softer than Bonnell mattresses.
- Pocketed mattress supports various body curves and body postures.
- It ensures the air circulation inside the mattress and maintains the constant bed temperature rather than retaining heat in it.
Disadvantages of Pocket Spring Mattress
- Pocket spring mattresses are more expensive than other spring mattresses.
- It is heavier than other mattresses.
5. Memory Foam Mattress
A memory foam mattress is also called a viscoelastic polyurethane mattress. It uses viscoelastic foam coated over polyurethane foam.
Memory foam was first invented by Charles Yost under contract for NASA.
NASA asked companies to develop the best cushioning and crash protection technology to relieve the stress of astronauts while taking off.
Later, NASA released the technology to the public in the 1980s. Then it became commercialized and spread all over the world.
Advantages of Memory Foam Mattress
- It provides top-notch comfort and is better than all other mattresses.
- There will be no transfer motion problem in the memory foam mattresses.
- Memory foam mattresses are hypoallergenic so it is a good choice for people with allergies.
Disadvantages of Memory Foam Mattress
- Like other foam mattresses, memory foam mattresses also retain heat.
6. Gel Memory Foam Mattress
A gel memory foam mattress is nothing but a mixture of gel and foam in a mattress.
The big disadvantage of memory foam mattress is heat-retaining property but gel memory foam mattress was created to overcome that disadvantage.
It is made by fusing the gel particles with Visco foam to reduce body heat.
Peterson Chemical Technology has been first developed and patented a gel memory foam mattress.
Advantages of Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- It overcomes one of the big disadvantages of memory foam mattresses that are heat retaining property.
- The gel particles are added with green tea extract and activated charcoal and fused with foam to provide aromatherapy which is very good for health.
- It gives more comfort and uninterrupted sleep just like a memory foam mattress.
Disadvantages of Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Gel memory foam mattresses are expensive mattresses due to the implementation of cooling technology.
- Gel memory foam mattress is a bit heavier than other mattresses.
7. Latex Mattress
Latex mattresses are made by combining the latex foam with springs or reflex foam to provide a good and undisturbed sleep surface.
The latex foam is obtained by the simple blend from the sap of a rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis) and synthetic latex.
The Dunlop or the Talalay is the method used to produce latex foam.
The Dunlop method is the simple and energy-efficient method of producing latex.
The foam obtained using the Dunlop process is heavier and denser but it does not mean the foam is firmer than foam obtained in the Talalay process.
Advantages of Latex Mattress
- Due to elastic properties in the latex mattress, it immediately adjusts the mattress to your body shape and provides you a very good sleep.
- It is hypoallergenic which means it is good for people with allergies.
- Like coir mattresses, it is also an eco-friendly mattress because the material is collected from rubber trees.
Disadvantages of Latex Mattress
- Like other foam mattresses, the biggest disadvantage in latex mattresses is heat retaining properties.