Headphones are very much important to hear music or songs without disturbing your surroundings. Many youngsters will use headphones at least once a day but they cannot find good headphones for their needs.
That is why we have picked various headphones with multiple functions and provide their detailed description with pros and cons. With this, you can buy the headphones according to your needs.
In-the-ear Headphones (Advantages & Disadvantages)
In-the-ear headphones are a traditional type of headphones every mobile user will have.
These headphones will be given without cost with every new smartphone. This is one of the most used and cost-efficient headphones when compared to others.
These headphones are available in multiple colors and designs while other headphones designs are limited.
Ernest Mercadier, a French Engineer, was the first person to design and received a patent for the first-ever In-ear headphones.
These headphones can be taken to anywhere you want, it is because of their lightweight and portability.
Some of the advantages of the In the ear Headphone are given below.
- This type of headphones is available at a very low cost even if you can buy them for below INR 100.
- It is cheaper when compared to other types of headphones.
- These headphones are available as accessories for the new mobile.
Easy to Carry:
- These headphones are easier to carry and fit in a small portion of your bag.
- You can even wrap the headphones and put them in your pockets too.
- The portability is one of the biggest headphones of these headphones
Some of the disadvantages of In-Ear headphones are given below.
- The sound quality and bass performance of these headphones are not greater than other types of headphones.
- When compared to Over ear headphones and On-ear headphones, the sound quality of these headphones is very low.
- Some models or earbuds of these headphones do not fit into your ears.
- The earbuds of these headphones tend to fall off from your ears easily.
On-the-ear Headphones (Advantages & Disadvantages)
On-the-ear headphones look similar to Over-the-ear headphones but On-the-ear headphones perfectly sit on your ear.
It does not cover your ears, instead, it will perfectly fit on your ear and provide you with the best sound quality.
The compact design and good quality sound of these headphones eliminate many disadvantages of both Over-the-ear headphones and In-the-ear headphones.
But, On-the-ear headphones have their own disadvantages too. Some of these headphones come with a foldable option, so it is easier to carry anywhere you want.
There are various advantages to buying On-the-ear headphones. Some of them are listed below.
- It provides great sound performance and bass tones when compared to In-the-ear headphones.
- The compact design and the less heat produced will help you to enjoy good music for a long time.
- It perfectly sits on your ear and does not fall off frequently.
- For runners, On the ear headphones are the perfect choice because they do not fall from their ears and provide good sound effects.
- The ear cups in these headphones will block the external sound and act as a passive noise canceling system.
- However, the blockage of sound is not greater than Over-the-ear headphones but still, it blocks some sound and provides a good quality sound performance.
However, On-the-ear headphones too have various disadvantages. Some of them are listed below.
- It causes discomfort for the user who uses it for a long time.
- The pressure of the ear cups will cause soreness or numbness in your ears.
- However, it is designed like over-the-ear headphones but it leaks sound into the surrounding.
- Passive noise canceling is also not as great as over-the-ear headphones.
Over-the-ear Headphones (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Over-the-ear headphones are popular headphones that provide top-notch sound performance.
These types of headphones provide comfort and good sound performance for users.
Unlike On-the-ear headphones, it covers your ears completely so there will be no pain or soreness on your ears.
John Koss, a Jazz Musician, was the first one who invented these types of headphones. The first invented stereo Over ear headphones is called the Koss SP-3.
However, the biggest disadvantage of these headphones is a large size. Over-the-ear headphones are larger which makes them difficult to carry everywhere.
But there are moreover the headphones that come up with foldable options which are good news for over-the-headphone users.
Over-the-headphones are the most quality headphones available in the market. It has various advantages and some of them are listed below.
- The sound quality and bass performance are greater than the In the ear and On-ear headphones.
- In fact, Over the headphones has a greater sound performance when compared to all the types of headphones.
- It provides great comfort and you can enjoy the music without any irritation or interruption in your ears.
- In-the-ear headphones cause some discomfort in fitting and On-the-ear headphones cause soreness in your ears but Over-the-ear headphones do not cause any type of discomfort.
- The ear cups of these headphones block the external noise and works as a passive noise canceling system.
- The external noise canceling works very well when compared to On the ear headphones.
However, Over-the-ear headphones have some disadvantages. They are given below.
- These headphones are larger in size so it is difficult to carry or store in your bags.
- Over-the-ear headphones are very expensive when compared to other types of headphones.
- Even the low-end headphones of these types are costlier than the high-end In-the-ear headphones.
Wired vs Wireless Headphones – Which is Best For You?
Wireless headphones are taking over the headphone markets by attracting youngsters.
But wired and wireless headphones both have various advantages and disadvantages in their own aspects.
Let’s see which headphones are best by comparing their advantages and disadvantages.
Wired Headphones (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Wired headphones are the traditional headphones that have been used for decades.
But after the invention of the latest technology and Bluetooth connection, wireless connectivity headphones were introduced.
The wired headphones provide unlimited playback time, that is, you can hear songs without any time limit.
The wired headphones are connected to smartphones with a plug-and-play system.
The wired headphones mostly come with a 3.5 mm jack which is used to connect the headphones to your mobiles.
Wired headphones have various advantages and benefits. Some of them are given below.
- The cost of the wired headphones is very low when compared to wireless headphones.
- You can buy wired headphones even for INR 100.
Unlimited Playback Time:
- You can enjoy the unlimited playback time in wired headphones because it does not need charging.
- The only thing you have to do is plug in and enjoy the music for long hours without any need for charging your headphones.
Simple and Portable:
- Wired headphones are easier to use because they use plug-and-play systems so no complex things are involved.
- Along with their simple usage, these wired headphones are easy to carry anywhere you want.
However, wired headphones have disadvantages and they are given below.
- With wired headphones, your movements will be limited along with the length of the cable.
- You cannot move freely with the wired headphones.
Tangling of Wires/Cables:
- It is one of the biggest disadvantages of wired headphones because the wires get twisted and tangled together.
- With proper care, you should untangle the wires otherwise they will be damaged.
Wireless Headphones (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Wireless headphones are increasing day by day in the headphones market.
Many big companies like Apple and Samsung have announced the removal of the 3.5 mm jack in their smartphones.
However, Samsung has announced to remove the 3.5 mm jack in their high-end mobile so the low-end mobiles are still capable of using wired headphones.
Wireless headphones are connected to smartphones with the help of Bluetooth connectivity. The version of Bluetooth connection in most smartphones is Bluetooth v5.0.
The advantages of wireless headphones are given below.
Freedom of Movement:
- With wireless headphones, you can move around freely without any restrictions.
- The wireless headphones usually have a range of 10 meters so within that range you can do whatever without worrying about disconnection.
- Wireless headphones do not have wires so there will be no tangling of wires or cables.
- This is one of the biggest advantages of wireless headphones and the biggest disadvantage of wired headphones.
- Wireless headphones are very comfortable to use and they also provide good quality sound performance.
The wireless headphones have some disadvantages and they are listed below.
- The cost of wireless headphones is very high when compared to wired headphones.
- Even the cost of low-end wireless headphones is higher than the high-end wired headphones.
Limited Playback Time:
- The wireless headphones will work when it has charge so you cannot hear music or songs for unlimited time.
- Constant charging is needed after every usage otherwise you cannot hear songs.
- This is one of the biggest disadvantages of wireless headphones but wired headphones don’t have this problem.
Things to Consider While Buying a Headphones
Many people love to buy new headphones with great quality but most of them did not know what things one should consider before or while buying the headphones.
Many people don’t know the specifications and other things that are given in the headphones. So before or while buying headphones, you should consider the following things.
- Frequency Response
- Noise Cancelling Technology
If you are going to buy a new headphone then you should check the drivers of the headphones.
Drivers are very important in headphones because they convert the electrical into sound pressure. The drivers are made up of three components and they are
- The Magnet
- Voice Coils
- The Diaphragm
The Balanced armature and dynamic are the two driver technologies used in headphones.
The balanced armature technology provides good sound and noise isolation whereas the dynamic drivers provide good bass quality and are cheaper and durable than balanced armature drivers.
You should also check this specification too because it represents how effectively a headphone converts an electrical signal into sound.
The sensitivity of headphones should be 80 to 125 dB. A sensitivity of more than 125 dB can cause severe damage to your ears.
The threshold of pain is 120 dB which means you will feel the pain in your ears if you hear music or sound at 120 dB for 7 continuous minutes.
This is one of the important features you should notice while buying headphones. No matter how good that headphone is, if it does not give comfort to you then it is not a perfect choice for you.
While buying the In-the-ear headphones you should buy headphones with soft earbuds because the soft earbuds do not cause pain or discomfort in your ear.
While buying the Over-the-ear and On-the-ear headphones you should consider the ear cups or ear muffs should be made of foam or other soft materials.
It is because the ear cups will give more pressure and cause soreness or numbness in your ear. So it is advised to buy an earphone with soft and comfortable earcups.
However, you should also consider sound leakage and noise isolation for more comfort.
– Frequency Response
Most of the headphones have a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz because it is the audible range of human ears.
But in some cases, the manufacturers print the wide frequency response in the headphones. For example, 15 Hz to 25,000 Hz.
It is nothing but a marketing strategy to make you feel that the headphone has more quality than 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz headphones.
You cannot find any difference in both headphones because your ears are audible for 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz only.
So be careful and don’t spend extra money on headphones with a wide range of frequencies.
– Noise Cancelling Technology
You should also consider the noise-canceling technology of the headphones. There are two types of noise-canceling technology and they are
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) technology
- Passive Noise Cancelling (PNC) technology
Active noise-canceling technology eliminates the external noise frequencies by producing counter frequencies. It neutralizes the noise by creating opposite noise with the same frequencies.
But in passive noise-canceling technology, the headphones simply block the external noise.
The earbuds are made with the exact shape of your ears so that it covers your ears and blocks the external noise.
Headphones with passive noise-canceling technology are cheaper than active noise-canceling technology.
The active noise canceling technology is mostly used in high-end headphones.
List of 20 Best Gaming Headphones Under 2500 in India with Latest Price, Reviews, Pros & Cons
1. Boat Rockerz 550 Over-Ear Wireless Headphones
This headphone is produced by one of the leading electronic brands of India – Boat. This headphone has dual connectivity mode that is it can be connected either by Bluetooth or by AUX cable.
In addition to that, it is an over-ear headphone so the earcups block the external noise. This passive noise isolation system is very useful and helps to increase the audio quality.
With the help of these headphones, you can access Google Assistant and Siri with your voice command.
2. Boat Rockerz 450 Pro Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones
This headphone has also come up with a dual connectivity mode. In wireless mode, the headphone is connected with the Bluetooth v5.0, and the AUX port is used in wired mode.
The biggest advantage of these headphones is the long playback time. It has one of the highest amounts of playback time when compared to other headphones. It can play up to 70 hours at 60% volume and gets charged to 100% in 2-3 hours.
3. Boat Rockerz 600 Bluetooth Headphone
Only the design of this headphone is enough to buy it under INR. 2500. This headphone has a stylish look and comes in 3 colors.
Along with the stylish look, it has various features too. This headphone also has dual connectivity mode and a built-in microphone in it.
This headphone has a good quality bass technology so the bass works very well in this headphone. The ear cup is also made up of soft material so it provides a cushioning effect.
Unlike other headphones, this headphone has a foldable option that means you can fold your headphone and take it anywhere you want.
4. Boat Airdopes 441 TWS Earbuds
This headphone is one of the best headphones to buy on the list. It has IPX7 marking which means it is highly resistant to water and sweat.
The earbuds also have touch controls and you can change the music or turn off the earbuds with the touch control.
The Bluetooth connectivity used in these earbuds is Bluetooth v5.0 and you can hear the uninterrupted music within the range of 10 meters.
5. Zebronics Zeb-Envy Bluetooth Headphone
This headphone is also one of the best headphones available on the list. It has a playback time of 33 hours and it charges back to 100% within 3 hours.
It has dual connectivity mode i.e. it can be supported in both wired and wireless mode.
You can also access and give commands to Google Assistant or Siri with the help of these headphones.
Another big advantage is you can fold these headphones and take them wherever you want.
6. Zebronics Zeb Monk Wireless In-Ear Neckband Headphone
This headphone is a wireless In-ear headphone that comes with many advanced features.
One of the most advanced features of this headphone is active noise cancelation.
Active noise cancellation technology helps to eliminate the background and external noise effectively while passive noise-canceling technology only helps to block the external sound.
It also has other features like a voice assistant, magnetic earpiece and also has IPX marking that means it can protect the headphone from water and sweat splashes.
7. Boult Audio ProBass Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphone
Boult wireless headphone comes with a dual connectivity feature so that you can connect the headphone either with Bluetooth or through the AUX cable.
The soft ear cups of this headphone will make you feel comfortable and does not cause soreness or numbness around your ears.
The passive noise-canceling technology blocks the external sounds and makes you enjoy clear music. It also has IPX5 marking so the headphone has some resistance towards sweat and water.
8. Boult Audio AirBass Wireless Headphones
This headphone has only a wireless mode, that is you can connect it to your mobile with a Bluetooth connection only.
It uses Bluetooth v5.0 and pairs with your mobile as soon as you take them out of the case because it does not need manual pairing each time.
It has IPX7 marking so it becomes the perfect choice for gym and sportspeople.
This headphone also blocks external noise with the help of its passive noise-canceling technology.
9. Sony WI-C200 Wireless In-Ear Headphones
This headphone is a wireless In-ear headphone that means you can have freedom of movement.
This headphone has a wide frequency range and provides good quality sound effects.
The other features of this headphone are portability, lightweight, and tangle-free design.
But the best feature of this headphone is active noise-canceling technology. It removes or reduces the external noise and other background noise.
10. Sony MDR-EX255AP Wired In-Ear Headphones
This headphone comes with a built-in microphone which is useful for hands-free calling.
Another advantage is the weight of the headphone is lower than other headphones.
It is a wired headphone so you can hear the music for unlimited hours.
The 12 mm neodymium drivers provide you with powerful and balanced sound performance.
11. OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Headphones
OnePlus is one of the top mobile brands in the world and their quality of the smartphone is well known by the people.
They have also produced quality headphones with good sound effects and other features. The playback time for this headphone is 17 hours and it has a fast-charging system.
Within 10 minutes it can get charged to play 10 hours of music for you. Another best feature of this mobile is IP55 water and sweat resistance.
IP55 certification is used to show the products’ resistance to solid intrusions like dust and debris and liquid intrusions like rain or sweat.
It has a passive noise canceling feature and pairs with your mobile very quickly.
12. iBall EarWear TW10 In-Ear Wireless Headphones
These headphones are In-ear wireless headphones so you have freedom of movement. It provides high definition sound experience and flawless stereo experience.
The headphones are portable and compatible with all smartphones. It does not require a manual connection every time. It will connect automatically to the last paired device thus reducing your work in connection.
13. Mi Super Bass On-Ear Wireless Headphones
This headphone has dual connectivity mode so it can be used both wired and wirelessly.
The 40 mm dynamic driver of this headphone provides top-notch sound quality and bass tones.
This headphone also has voice control, that is, you can access Google Assistant and Siri with this headphone. It uses Bluetooth v5.0 for connecting with your mobile wirelessly.
The playback time of these headphones is 20 hours so you can enjoy 20 hours of uninterrupted music in wireless mode.
14. Mi Neckband Pro Bluetooth Headphones
Mi is also one of the popular mobile manufacturers of the world who make quality headphones for people.
This headphone has advanced dual noise-canceling technology that is both active noise cancellation technology and environmental noise cancellation technology.
This noise-canceling technology helps you to provide high-quality crystal clear music and audio.
The playback time of these headphones is 20 hours and it has IPX5 sweat and waterproof marking.
15. Infinity Glide 510 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
The headphone has one of the longest playback times for wireless headphones.
The playback time of these headphones is 72 hours which is very high compared to other headphones.
The earcups of the headphones are made up of very soft cushions. It has a 36 mm dynamic drive and also provides dual equalizer modes that are normal bass and deep bass.
It is integrated with a voice assistant and uses Bluetooth v5.0 for connection.
16. Lumiford HD70 Over-Ear Wireless Headphones
This headphone is one of the advanced headphones available under the price range of INR 2500.
It has a dual pairing feature that means you can connect your headphone to two mobiles. You can hear songs on one side and attend calls on the other with headphones.
Your voice will be heard clearly without any breakage and no songs from the other side of the headphone will interfere with your calls. You can also tune these headphones to your favorite FM channel.
17. Sony MDR-XB55 Extra-Bass In-Ear Headphones
This headphone is made by one of the popular electronic brands of the world – Sony.
This headphone sits perfectly in your ear so that it does not fall off your ears. The sound quality of these headphones is very good and bass tones also satisfy you.
This headphone overcomes and eliminates the problem of tangling wires or cables. These headphones are more portable and easy to carry or store anywhere.
18. OneOdio Over-Ear Headphone
It is one of the best headphones for recording podcasts or recording voice for youtube videos.
The 50 mm driver will provide you the ultimate sound and bass experience because not all the headphones at this price range have a 50 mm driver.
This headphone comes with a foldable feature so you can store it anywhere and also take it anywhere without any difficulties because of its lightweight.
The earmuffs of the headphones are very soft and comfortable so you don’t feel any pain or irritation over your ears.
19. iClever Over-Ear Wired Headphones
This headphone has a 40 mm driver that means it provides a good sound experience.
It has a foldable option and is compatible with a wide range of devices such as smartphones, laptops, iPad, etc.
The soft earmuffs of this headphone will provide more comfort while listening to songs and does not cause any soreness around your ears.
The soft earmuffs also perform another function i.e. passive noise canceling. It blocks the external noise and provides clear music.
20. Claw SM50 Professional Studio Monitoring DJ Headphones
This headphone is used for music studios and DJ monitoring. It has two ports; one with a 3.5 mm jack and another with a 6.3 mm jack.
So it can be connected to all the electronic devices with 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm jacks.
It also has a foldable feature so you can take it wherever you go to travel to hear songs.