Headphones have become one of the important accessories in our life. Many people spend a lot of their money on headphones and buying non-quality headphones. Many people did not know about headphones.
List of 16 Best Gaming Headphones Under 3000 in India with Latest Price, Reviews, Pros & Cons
Headphones are used for various purposes such as hearing songs, playing games, attending webinars and online classes, etc. So it is important to buy good quality headphones.
OneOdio Adapter-Free Closed Back Over-Ear Headphones
This headphone is one of the best headphones under 3000 in India available right now.
This headphone comes under closed-back type which means it provides a great noise-canceling feature when compared to other headphones.
It has a dual audio jack and one of them is 3.5 mm and the other is 6.35 mm. With the help of this dual audio jack, you can connect to any device with 3.5 mm and 6.35 mm ports.
This headphone is used by everyone but in most cases, DJ and professional sound mixers found these headphones useful.
The design of this headphone is also made with a flexible headband and super-soft ear pads.
Along with various comfortable features, the sound quality of this headphone is also top-notch because it has 50 mm neodymium drivers.
Sony WI-C400 Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Neckband Headphones
This headphone is another headphone packed with a lot of features because it is made by one of the best companies – Sony.
These headphones have a wide frequency range of 8 Hz to 22,000 Hz which gives you more details of the beats.
The lightweight and the neck style design made them one of the most portable headphones on the list. The weight of these headphones is 35 grams.
These headphones alert you by vibrating for every single call. You can also access Google Assistant to select your desired songs.
Sony MDR-XB55AP Wired Extra Bass In-Ear Headphones
This headphone is also made by famous headphone manufacturers – Sony. The playback time for this headphone is unlimited hours because it supports only wired mode.
The 12 mm speakers with neodymium magnets will provide powerful bass tones. The bass tones are powerful which makes you feel like you are in a club.
The earbuds of these headphones are very soft and provide you good comfort. So it does not cause any pain to your ears when used for long hours.
Another biggest disadvantage is removing this headphone and that is tangling of cables. Sony gave special attention to this problem and produced a tangle-free cord.
Philips Audio TAH4205 On-Ear Headphones
This headphone is made by Philips with various features. This headphone comes under the On-Ear headphones type.
The foldable option in this headphone made it one of the portable headphones on the list.
The playback time of these headphones is 29 hours which is higher than many other wireless headphones.
The wireless In-ear headphones do not have a long playback time like wireless On-ear headphones.
The smart pairing feature of this headphone will make it connect with the devices automatically.
The 32 mm neodymium drivers will provide you with a good sound and powerful bass. Along with that, it has a bass boost button which will enhance the bass at one touch.
Logitech H340 Wired USB Business Headphones
This headphone will be more suitable for business professionals who attend meetings through skype. This headphone is well suited for attending webinars, online classes, etc.
It is one of the perfect headphones to buy in these pandemic times because we all are either attending online classes or working from home.
It has an adjustable headband that helps to hear everything comfortably and an adjustable microphone to record your voice perfectly.
The soft ear pads of these headphones will block as much external noise and provide you clear audio.
Sennheiser PC 8 USB On-Ear Headphone
This headphone is made by one of the top headphone brands of the world – Sennheiser. It has one way of connection and that is a wired mode of connection.
The special feature of this headphone is the noise-canceling feature because it blocks most of the external noise with their soft ear pads.
Unlike wireless headphones, the connectivity of these headphones is very simple.
It is just a plug-and-play system and this headphone is compatible with various devices such as laptop, PC, Android, iOS, etc.
Skullcandy Uproar Wireless On-Ear Headphones
This headphone is made by another popular headphone manufacturer of the world – Skullcandy.
This headphone provides very good sound quality and good comfort for the user. The ear pillows of these headphones are made up of soft foam and synthetic leather.
So you can hear the song for long hours without any soreness or numbness in your ears.
However, it does not have great playback time because other On-ear headphones at this price range have a playback time of more than 15 hours.
JBL Tune 500BT Powerful Bass Wireless On-Ear Headphones
This headphone also comes under the On-ear headphone type and it is made by JBL.
It has various features such as a multi-point connection which allows the headphone to switch between two devices.
The portability of this headphone is very good because this headphone is lightweight and has a foldable feature.
You can activate your voice assistant like Google Assistant and Siri with a long press on the play button.
The soft ear cups will block as much external noise and provide you good comfort.
So you can use these headphones for a long time without worrying about numbness or soreness on your ears.
JBL Tune 700BT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
This headphone is also made by JBL but it has many more features than the previous model.
This headphone has a playback time of 27 hours and provides you 2 hours of playback time within 5 minutes of charging.
It will provide very high-quality sound effects because of JBL’s pure bass sound. This headphone has a multi-point connection that means you can also switch between 2 Bluetooth devices.
The foldable option comes in handy and the headband of the headphone can also be adjustable.
You can access your calls and voice assistant with the help of controls present on the headphones.
Boat Rockerz 610 Bluetooth Headphones
This headphone is one of the headphones with the classic and cool style available in this list of best headphones under 3000.
This headphone is very large but it has a foldable feature so you can take it anywhere you want by folding the ear cups.
The special features of these headphones are super soft and comfortable ear cups. The ear cups are made up of faux leather plush which provides super comfortable cushioning effects to the user.
These headphones have dual connectivity which means they can be connected by both wired and wireless mode.
The 40 mm dynamic drivers will provide great sound performance and it has a decent playback time of 20 hours.
Boat Airdopes 211v2 Bluetooth Truly Wireless Earbuds
This headphone comes under truly wireless headphones which means it completely lacks the cables.
It has IPX5 marking which means it will resist or provide protection from water or sweat splashes.
The weight of the headphones is very light. The design and size of the headphones make them easy to carry anywhere you want. You can even store these headphones in your pockets.
It is connected to Bluetooth devices and the version used here is Bluetooth version 5.0.
It does not have active noise canceling feature but it blocks some external noise.
Samsung OEM Wired 3.5 mm Headset
This headphone is basic and ordinary headphone but it provides some good sound effects.
It is a wired In-ear headphone made especially for Samsung Galaxy phones. The earbuds of these headphones will cause pain in your ears when used for long hours.
The special feature of this headphone is noise-canceling technology which blocks most of the external noise.
This is a wired headphone so you can enjoy music for unlimited hours without any need for charging.
Mi True Wireless Earphones
This headphone is another truly wireless headphone produced by Mi. The 14.2 mm dynamic driver with neodymium magnets provides good and powerful bass tones and sound experience.
The headphone and smartphone are connected by the latest Bluetooth version (Bluetooth v5.0). However, Bluetooth v5.1 is the latest version but there is no big difference between v5.0 and v5.1.
The passive or environment noise-canceling technology of this headphone blocks most of the external noise.
Sony MDR-XB450AP Wired Extra Bass On-Ear Headphones
This headphone comes under the wired type On-ear headphones. The neodymium dynamic drivers provide precise and detailed sound.
The wide frequency response of these headphones shows the clear highs and lows of the music.
The cushioned and soft ear pads of these headphones will provide more comfort and noise cancelation.
The earpads of these headphones can be folded and taken anywhere you want. It also has a built-in microphone so that you can answer your calls with the help of this headphone.
This headphone has high sensitivity which will provide loud and clear sound but long usage of high sensitivity headphones will damage your ears.
Fire-Boltt Blast 1400 Over-Ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
This headphone comes under Over-ear headphones. Over-ear headphones are the king of quality in headphones. Likewise, this headphone also has various features.
The ear cups of these headphones are made up of soft memory foam. Soft memory foam is always popular for giving more comfort.
The soft memory foam will mold to your ears and provide the utmost satisfaction and comfort. The earcups also block the external noise because it perfectly fits and molds to your ears.
The sound quality of these headphones is beyond your expectation because it has 40 mm large-aperture drivers.
EKSA E900 Wired Stereo Gaming Over-Ear Headphones
This headphone is also one of the best headphones available in this list of best headphones under 3000 in India.
It is an Over-ear headphone so the quality of sound will always be top-notch. This headphone has 50 mm speakers which will produce clear treble and powerful bass tones.
This headphone is a perfect choice for gaming purposes and it gives you an amazing experience while playing games like PUBG, Call of Duty, etc.
It has an adjustable and noise-canceling microphone and one key mute function. The soft cushion ear cups will never cause any pain or disturbance while using them for a long time.
Explore More Headphones According To Your Budget
Major Types of Headphones (Buyer, s Guide)
In-Ear Monitors (In-Ear Headphones)
In-Ear Monitors are popularly referred to as In-Ear headphones and they are cost-efficient headphones. In-ear headphones are available everywhere, even in small local mobile shops.
These headphones are more affordable than other headphones like Over-ear headphones and On-ear headphones.
These headphones are very easy to carry and store because it requires very little space in your backpack. You can even stuff these headphones in your pockets too.
The first-ever In-ear type of headphones was first designed by Ernest Mercadier (a French Engineer) and he also received a patent for it.
The most notable advantages of In-ear monitors or In-ear headphones are given below.
– Low cost
- The cost of these In-ear headphones is very low when compared to On-ear or Over-ear headphones.
- You can even get a free headphone of this type while buying a new mobile. You can even buy In-ear headphones for INR 100.
- The lightweight and simple design make these headphones more portable than Over-ear and On-ear headphones.
- You can keep these headphones inside your pockets without any disturbance.
Other than the design and cost, In-ear headphones also have some disadvantages and they are given below.
– Sound Performance
- When compared to other headphones like Over-ear and On-ear headphones, the sound quality is very low.
- Even the high-tier In-ear headphones failed to beat the quality of middle-tier Over-ear or On-ear headphones.
On-Ear Headphones (Supra-aural Headphones)
On-ear headphones are also referred to as Supra-aural headphones. These types of headphones do not cover your ears completely, instead, they will perfectly sit on your ears.
Unlike Over-ear headphones, it does not completely isolate you from the surroundings. You can hear some noise from the surroundings but the high-end On-ear headphones do not allow any noise to get in.
When compared to Over-ear headphones, these On-ear headphones are more portable.
On-ear headphones (or Supra-aural headphones) have some advantages and they are given below.
– Noise Isolation
- The ear cups of the On-ear headphones (Supra-aural headphones) will block as much external noise from the surroundings.
- However, the noise isolation is not as great as Over-ear headphones but still, it is very good and better than In-ear headphones.
- When it comes to portability, On-ear headphones are like a combination of In-ear and Over-ear headphones.
- On-ear headphones are more portable than over-ear headphones and the folding feature makes them more portable than ever.
There are few disadvantages to On-ear headphones. They are given below.
– Not Suitable for Long Usage
- On-ear headphones are not suitable for long usage because the ear cups constantly give pressure on your ears.
- This causes soreness or numbness in your ears and sometimes it causes pain in your ears.
Over-Ear Headphones (Circumaural Headphones)
Over-ear headphones are also popularly known as circumaural headphones. Over-ear headphones are the king of headphones when it comes to quality.
The sound performance and the comfort of these headphones are top-notch. Over-ear headphones can overperform in In-ear and On-ear headphones in all categories except portability.
A Jazz musician named John Koss was the first person to design these types of headphones. The first-ever Over-ear headphones designed by John Koss are named after his name Koss SP-3.
Unlike On-ear headphones, it does not cause any pain or soreness around your ears.
Over-ear headphones are very good in all aspects but some of the most notable advantages are given below.
– Sound Performance
- Over-ear headphones have large drivers so the sound performance and bass tones are far greater than other headphones.
- In addition to that, the closed ear cups block most of the external noise so the sound performance is even greater.
- The ear cups of the headphone are made of soft material which will provide more comfort to the user.
- It does not cause any pain or soreness or numbness around your ears.
– Noise Cancelation
- The noise cancelation technology in Over-ear headphones is far greater than the On-ear and In-ear headphones.
However, Over-ear headphones have some disadvantages too. Some of them are given below.
– Large Size and Cost
- The cost of over-ear headphones is very high and expensive than ordinary headphones. It is the most expensive among the headphones such as In-ear headphones and On-ear headphones.
Wired Headphones (Advantages and Disadvantages)
Wired headphones are the most common types of headphones used by people.
These wired headphones are connected to the mobile phone with the help of a 3.5 mm jack. It works on a simple plug-and-play system.
Wireless headphones started to dominate the headphones market but they can never replace wired headphones in their unlimited play hours.
Wired headphones can be used for long hours without any need for charging and this is one of the best advantages of wired headphones.
Some of the advantages of wired headphones are given below with more details.
– Easy to Use
- Wired headphones are easy to use because you just need to connect the jack to the mobile phone.
- Wired headphones can be used by even the older people because it does not need any complex mechanism in connecting.
– No Batteries Required
- Wired headphones do not need any batteries because it works on a simple plug and play method.
– Unlimited Play Hours
- This is one of the best advantages of wired headphones because wireless headphones need constant charging for regular use but wired headphones do not need any charging to use them for a long time.
Wired headphones have some disadvantages too and they are given below.
– No Freedom of Movements
- Wired headphones restrict your movement around the devices and there will be no freedom of movement in these headphones.
– Tangling Cables
- The wired headphones’ cables are more often twisted and tangled together.
Wireless Headphones (Advantages and Disadvantages)
Wireless headphones are booming and many big brands like Apple and Samsung are removing the audio jack on their mobiles.
Samsung decided to remove the audio jack (3.5 mm jack) on their high-end mobiles.
The wireless headphones are connected to the smartphone by Bluetooth connectivity.
The latest version of Bluetooth connection is Bluetooth v5.1 but most of the headphones use Bluetooth v5.0. It is because there is no significant difference between Bluetooth v5.0 and v5.1.
Wireless headphones have certain advantages and some of them are given below.
– No Restriction of Movements
- This is one of the best advantages of wireless headphones because in wired headphones your movements are limited around the device.
- You can enjoy the music within the range of 10 meters (33 feet) with full freedom of movement.
- Wireless headphones do not have wireless so there will be no tangling and twisting of cables in these headphones.
Some of the disadvantages of wireless headphones are given below.
- Wireless headphones are costlier than the wired headphones and the usage of wireless headphones is also not simple because older people don’t understand it.
– Limited Play Hours
- Wireless headphones will not work once their charge is down so the playback time for the wireless headphones is limited.
Closed Back vs Open Back Headphones – Which is Best?
Closed-back headphones and open-back headphones have various advantages and disadvantages. We have described them in detail along with advantages and disadvantages. After reading that you can choose which is best according to your needs.
Closed-back headphones are designed for great sound performance and the best noise isolation purpose.
It is very useful in blocking the external noise because the main purpose of this headphone design is to block as much external noise.
Closed-back headphones were used by military and telephone operators in 1937. The first stereo headphones with closed-back headphones that received a warm welcome for the people is Koss SP-3.
These closed-back headphones are very much suitable for developing both passive and active noise technology.
It will provide good isolation from the outside world and allows you to listen to every detail of music and beats.
- The closed-back headphones will provide more noise isolation than open-back headphones.
- These headphones will make you feel like you are in a music studio and enjoying a high-quality music experience. These headphones also enhance the bass response.
- These closed-back headphones will prevent sound leakage so that people around you will not hear what you are listening to.
- It will disconnect all the external noise and sound so you will not be aware of the surroundings.
Open Back Headphones
Open-back headphones are designed with built-in gaps that allow air and sound to pass through the headphones without any difficulty.
Sennheiser is one of the big headphone brands that designed these open-back headphones in 1968.
Ordinary consumers and professional users have fallen for this design and features of this headphone.
It looks similar to closed-back headphones but it is lightweight and allows the external sound to pass through. This will help you when you want to hear music and be aware of your surroundings.
The open-back headphones do not block any external noise because they are not made for noise isolation purposes.
- These headphones will allow you to be aware of the surroundings which are useful in traveling to unknown or new places.
- Instead of feeling like you are in a studio booth, these headphones will make you feel that you are sitting with the musicians around you on your balcony.
- It does not provide noise isolation as effectively as closed-back headphones.
- These open-back headphones do not block any ambient noise and people around you will hear what you are listening to.
Noise Canceling Technology
Most of the best headphones under 3000 have noise-canceling features. In our list also the majority of the headphones have noise-canceling features.
There are two types of noise-canceling technology used in headphones and they are given below.
- Active Noise Canceling Headphones (ANC)
- Passive Noise Canceling Headphones (PNC)
There are various significant differences you can see from both Active and Passive noise-canceling headphones.
We have given the details of both active and passive noise-canceling headphones along with their advantages and disadvantages.
Active Noise Canceling Headphones (ANC)
Active Noise-canceling headphones cancel the ambient or external noise by producing the exact opposite frequency.
The opposite sound frequencies are called anti-phases which will effectively cancel the external noise before they reach your ears.
Advantages of Active Noise Canceling Headphones
- Active noise-canceling headphones eliminate the external noise but passive noise-canceling headphones just block the external noise.
- When compared to the PNC feature, the ambient noise is greatly eliminated by ANC headphones.
Disadvantages of Active Noise Canceling Headphones
- The headphones with active noise canceling features require more power than ordinary headphones.
- The cost of the headphones with active noise canceling features is more expensive than the headphones with passive noise-canceling features.
- Sometimes the counter frequencies will affect the quality of the music so the classic and popular headphones avoid active noise canceling features.
Passive Noise Canceling Headphones
Passive noise-canceling headphones will block the external noise from reaching your ears.
It uses ear cups or earbuds to act as a physical medium and reduce the sensitivity of the external noise. It does not produce any counter frequency to cancel the external noise.
Advantages of Passive Noise Canceling Headphones
- The headphones with passive noise canceling feature will simply block the external noise so it does not change or alter any frequency of the music or songs.
- Most of the classic and famous headphone companies prefer passive noise canceling over the active noise canceling feature.
Disadvantages of Passive Noise Canceling Headphones
- It does not eliminate the external noise, it just blocks it. So the small amount of external noise is prevented from reaching our ears.