Every youngster has headphones with them because it is one of the irreplaceable accessories of today’s generation.
But many people have bought headphones with no quality because they did not know about headphones very much.
That is why we are here to help you in picking good-quality headphones. We have done good research and picked up the best headphones under 10000 available in India.
Popular Types of Headphones
In-Ear Monitors (In-Ear Headphones)
In-Ear Monitors are also known as In-ear headphones or earbuds. These are the most used and most available types of headphones.
These headphones will go inside your ears and perfectly fit in your ear canals. That is why these headphones are called In-ear headphones.
In-ear headphones close your ear canals completely which will provide great passive noise isolation.
In-ear headphones are more portable than both On-ear and Over-ear headphones. You can put them in your pocket and go wherever you want.
Some of the significant advantages of In-ear headphones are given below.
- Sound Quality – In-ear headphones provide great sound quality and clear audio clarity.
- Passive Noise Isolation – The tube of In-ear headphones goes into ear canals so it provides great passive noise isolation by blocking the external noise.
- Cheap and Portable – These In-ear headphones are available at a low price and they are more portable due to their small size and lightweight.
In-ear headphones have certain disadvantages and they are given below.
- Ear Canal Irritation – These types of headphones can irritate your ear canal thus making it a little bit uncomfortable.
Supra-aural Headphones (On-Ear Headphones)
Supra-aural Headphones are also popularly known as On-ear headphones which look similar to Over-ear headphones but comparatively small in size.
These headphones are more portable than Over-ear headphones because of their small size and lightweight.
You can see many people in the gym and sportspeople wearing these On-ear headphones because it is comfortable for them.
It is comfortable because of its small size and lightweight while Over-ear headphones are big and heavyweight.
In-ear headphones may fall off easily and sometimes irritate your ear canals but On-ear headphones do not have any problem like that.
Some of the significant advantages of On-ear headphones are given below.
- Portable – These On-ear headphones are more portable than over-ear headphones.
- Sound quality – These headphones provide great audio quality so that you can enjoy the best music experience.
- Perfect Fit – On-ear headphones sit perfectly on your ears and they do not fall off frequently.
On-ear headphones have certain disadvantages and they are given below.
- Not Suitable for Long Usage – On-ear headphones cause pain or irritation on your ears because it applies constant pressure on your ears.
Circumaural Headphones (Over-Ear Headphones)
Circumaural headphones are popularly known as Over-ear headphones and they are very big.
Over-ear headphones provide better quality when compared to all the other types of headphones.
The ear cups of these headphones are very big so that they will cover your ears completely.
The complete coverage of your ears will block most of the external noise and result in effective noise isolation.
The ear cups will cover your ears so you will feel comfortable and do not experience any pain or irritation around your ears.
Some of the significant advantages of Over-ear headphones are given below.
- Sound Quality – Over-ear headphones provide great sound quality and it does not have any competitors when it comes to quality.
- Noise Isolation – The noise isolation feature of these headphones is very good because the ear cups completely cover your ears.
- Comfort – These headphones provide good comfort for the user because of the big and soft ear pads. It also fits perfectly over your ears.
Over-ear headphones have certain disadvantages and they are given below.
- Less Portable – Due to their big size and overweight, these headphones are not portable like In-ear or On-ear headphones.
- Cost – The cost of Over-ear headphones is comparatively higher than the In-ear and On-ear headphones.
Wired vs Wireless Headphones
Headphones are connected to mobile in either wired or wireless mode. Both wired and wireless headphones have unique advantages and disadvantages.
So we will present to you the overview of wired and wireless headphones with advantages and disadvantages. Then, according to your convenience, you can find out which one is best suited for you.
Wired headphones are the most traditional type of headphones because they are more available and used by many people.
Wired headphones have a separate fanbase because of the unlimited playback time.
The audio quality of the wired headphones is also greater than the wireless headphones.
However, wireless headphones get huge traction in the headphones market but many people still prefer good wired headphones.
Some of the significant advantages of wired headphones are given below.
- Sound Quality – The sound quality of wired headphones is greater than wireless headphones.
- Compatibility – Wired headphones can be connected to any electronic device with a 3.5 mm jack.
- Playback Time – The playback time is unlimited because it does not require charging for every use.
Wired headphones have certain disadvantages and they are given below.
- Can Restrict Movement – Wired headphones will restrict your movement around the device.
Wireless headphones have become more popular with their advanced features.
Many companies like Apple and Samsung also announced the removal of the 3.5 mm jack.
It boosted the production of the wireless headphone to many folds. Wireless headphones use Bluetooth to connect with the mobiles.
The latest Bluetooth version is Bluetooth 5.2 but the version above 5.0 works very well and does not lag in connection.
Some of the significant advantages of wireless headphones are given below.
- Movement Freedom – In wireless headphones, you can move wherever you want within the Bluetooth range. It does not restrict your movements around the device.
- Compatibility – Wireless headphones can be connected to any device with a Bluetooth connection.
- More Portable – Wireless headphones are more portable than wired headphones because it does not have wires and it also solves the tangling-cables problem.
Wireless headphones have certain disadvantages and they are given below.
- Playback Time – Wireless headphones have limited playback time but wired headphones do not have any limits.
Things to Consider Before Buying Headphones
Now you have an idea about the types of headphones and their connection mode.
But there are some things you need to consider before or while buying the headphones and they are given below.
- Noise Canceling Technology
Comfort is one of the important factors you should consider before buying the headphones.
The above-given details about types of headphones will help you to know more about the features of headphones.
You can know which headphones are comfortable for you and other details.
One of the most noted factors is that the headphones do not cause any pain on long usage.
However, On-ear headphones cause pain on long usage but if the ear cups are made up of soft material then the pain will be reduced to a great extent.
In-ear headphones with soft rubber caps will provide good comfort but if it does not have any silicone rubber caps then it will also cause pain in your ears.
Sensitivity is also an important parameter you should consider before or while buying the headphones.
Sensitivity is used to represent how effectively a headphone converts the electrical signal into sound.
Headphones should have sensitivity from 80 dB to 125 dB in which dB represents decibels.
If your headphones have a sensitivity of 120 dB and above, then you will start to feel the pain in your ears within 7 minutes.
The threshold of pain starts from 120 dB so it is better to buy headphones in the range of 80 dB to 110dB.
Reference link: Shure
Noise Canceling Technology
Noise-canceling technology is a very important factor because it provides great and noise-free music.
Noise-canceling technology used in headphones is of two types and they are.
- Active Noise Canceling Technology
- Passive Noise-Canceling Technology
Active Noise Canceling Technology – This feature in headphones will eliminate the external noise by producing counter frequencies that will cancel out the external noise. This feature requires some extra power and sometimes alters the music frequencies too.
Passive Noise Canceling Technology – This feature in headphones will block the external noise by physical material like ear cups, earbuds, etc. It does not require extra power and does not alter original music.
Noise Cancelling in Microphone
Headphones and microphones are packed with noise-canceling features and it is very useful in capturing your voice without any external noise.
Two microphones are used in which one is placed near your mouth and another microphone placed away from your mouth.
The first microphone captures your voice clearly and the second microphone captures the surrounding or external noise.
Then they are combined with a digital algorithm and cancel the external noise. Thus, the noise-free audio is captured or recorded.
This technology will be very useful in attending conference calls, meetings, etc.
List of 12 Best Headphones under 10000 With Pros & Cons
Now you have a good understanding of the headphones types and things to consider before buying headphones.
Sony WH-CH710N Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
These headphones have various features like noise cancelation and support voice assistants like Google Assistant and Siri.
The battery life of these headphones in a single charge is 35 hours. It is very good when compared to other headphones.
Only 10 minutes of charging is enough to hear 1 hour of non-stop music in these headphones.
However, it has 30 mm drivers, which is lower than its competitors. Other Over-ear headphones at this price have more powerful drivers.
- More portable because of its lightweight (233 grams) and swivel fold design.
- Comfortable earpads allow listening to music for long hours.
- Connection is done through both wired and wireless modes.
- Other than drivers, there are no significant cons found in this headphone.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Over-Ear Headphones
These headphones have powerful drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire coils.
The drivers used in these headphones are 45 mm large-aperture drivers which will provide quality and powerful bass response.
These headphones provide great noise isolation and it is mostly used for music studio purposes.
The cables are detachable so you can change the cable if any problem occurs.
The ear cups of these headphones provide you great noise isolation and the output is good for monitoring and basic mixing.
- Prevent sound leakage due to circumaural design
- More portable because of swivel ear cups design and foldable feature
- Powerful drivers and detachable cables
- Not comfortable for long listening
Marshall Major III Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphones
These headphones provide a decent playback time of 30 hours on a single charge.
These headphones consist of 40 mm drivers that provide greater sound performance than other headphones.
However, these headphones have soft ear cups but still, it is not suitable for wearing for long hours.
This problem is only because these headphones come under On-ear type headphones.
Unlike other headphones, these headphones do not have buttons, they have knobs to control the basic functions like play, pause, shuffle, etc.
- Great sound quality and clarity in audio
- Good playback time and easy to control
- It supports both wired and wireless mode of connection
- It is not suitable for long usage because it is an On-ear headphone, which causes pain or numbness in your ears.
Sony WH-XB700 Wireless Bluetooth Extra Bass Headphones
The battery life of these headphones is 30 hours which is good when compared to other headphones.
The fast charging also comes in handy because you can get 90 minutes of playback time within 10 minutes of charging.
If the battery drains out then you can continue enjoying the music by using a 3.5 mm cable because it supports passive operation too.
You can control your voice assistants such as Google and Siri, it also has built-in Alexa.
- Good and clear sound performance
- Long battery life along with fast charging feature
- Supports passive operation (wired connection mode)
- It may not be comfortable for long usage
- Other than this, there are no significant cons found in these headphones.
Samsung AKG-Y500 Bluetooth Headphones
The first thing you will notice about these headphones is none other than their stylish design.
The looks of these headphones are very good and packed with a lot of features.
These headphones have ambient-aware technology which will help control the surrounding noise.
It also has play and pause automation which will pause the songs when you remove the headphones and when you place them back, the music begins instantly.
The functions like volume control, pause, and play music are present on the ear cups and those functions can be controlled easily.
- Stylish look and great audio quality
- Packed with Ambient Aware technology
- Great battery life along with fast charging
- These headphones will fall off easily due to the design.
Adidas Fwd-01 Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones
These headphones are very useful for sports or gym people because Adidas made them.
Sportspeople and gym people tend to sweat more so Adidas used the IPX4 protection, which prevents headphones from water and sweat splashes.
These headphones are connected to mobile phones with the help of Bluetooth technology. This particular device uses Bluetooth v5.0 for connection.
The ear tips of these headphones are comfortable and come up with extra interchangeable ear tips.
- IPX4 protection against water and sweat splashes
- Interchangeable and comfortable ear tips
- Fast charging option with 16 hours of playtime
- Call clarity is not good like other headphones in this price range
Jabra Evolve 30 II Stereo On-Ear Headphone
These headphones are from Jabra and they provide good quality music and sound performance.
The noise-canceling technology is used in the microphone which is very useful in attending meetings and professional calls.
These headphones are simple to use even for old people because it works on plug-and-play technology.
You can connect these headphones with mobiles through a 3.5 mm jack and connect with a PC via USB cable.
- It has a 3.5 mm jack for mobile and USB for computers
- Noise-canceling technology is used in microphone
- Used for various purposes like gaming, music, and calls
- The microphone is not flexible, that is, it cannot be adjusted.
Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
This headphone is one of the best headphones under 10000 available on the list.
The battery life of these headphones is 40 hours which is much higher than other headphones in this price range.
It comes under Over-ear type headphones so it provides great noise isolation for the user.
The folding option in these Over-ear types of headphones makes it more portable than other headphones.
- Great battery life of 40 hours
- Great noise isolation due to soft ear cups
- More portable because of foldable design
- Provide great music and bass experience
- There are no significant cons found in this headphone.
JBL Live 650BTNC Over-Ear Headphones
These headphones are produced by JBL with active noise canceling technology.
It also has a decent battery life of 30 hours with active noise canceling turned off.
The fast charging option also comes in handy because 15 minutes of charging is enough to get 2 hours of playback time.
These headphones have multi-point connection technology so you can switch between two devices.
It also has Ambient Aware and Talk Thru features which help you control the external noise.
- Dual connectivity (Bluetooth and Aux cable)
- Good sound quality and great active noise cancelation
- Multi-point connection connects both laptop and phone at a time
- Fast charging and no sync or latency issues
- When used for a long time, your ears become sweaty and it is heavier (700 grams) than other headphones.
Adidas RPT-01 On-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Sport Headphones
Adidas designs its headphones mostly for sportspeople and gym guys.
They mostly implement the IPX4 protection to prevent the headphone from water and sweat splashes.
These headphones are more durable and the inner headband can be washed because it has IPX protection.
- Simple and more durable than other headphones
- Perfect choice for a gym or sports person
- Washable inner headband and ear cushion since it has IPX4 protection
- It will fall off while doing exercises like the deadlift
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
When it comes to quality, these headphones are one of the best headphones under 10000 on the list.
It has 53 mm drivers with neodymium magnets. The sound system also provides top-notch quality.
These headphones have a USB audio sound card with 7.1 virtual surround sound systems.
These headphones come with a detachable microphone and extra ear cup replacement.
The audio control box is also very useful in controlling the headphone functions like increasing or decreasing volume, pause, and play, etc.
- Great sound performance due to drivers and USB audio sound card
- Replaceable ear cups and detachable microphone
- The wide frequency range of 15 Hz to 25000 Hz
- There are no significant cons found in this headphone.
JBL Live 300TWS True Wireless In-Ear Headphones
These headphones come under truly wireless headphones that mean it does not have any wires.
These types of headphones greatly reduce the problem of the tangling cable. It was connected to a mobile with Bluetooth v5.0 connectivity.
These headphones also have IPX5 protection against water and sweat. It is a good choice for the gym or sports persons too.
The fast charging provides you 1 hour of playback time with 10 minutes of charging.
- Good music quality and crystal clear calls
- Prevent sweat and water splashes (includes light rain)
- Comfortable fit and Ambient aware along with Talkthru comes in handy
- Playback time of headphones charge is 6 hours only
Koss KSC35 Wireless Bluetooth Ear Clip Headphones
These headphones have ear clips so it does not fall off easily even if you had a quick sprint.
Many people have said that this headphone does not fall even in the 3-hour jog.
It is easy to set up and the sound quality is also good. The ear clips may cause pain or irritation during prolonged use.
The usage of these headphones is also easy when compared to other advanced headphones of the same type.
- Provide great sound quality when compared to its competitor
- Set up and usage process is easy and simple
- The clips will cause pain or irritation on your ears while used for a long time.
Plantronics Blackwire C5220 Headset
These headphones have a perfect frequency range of 20 Hz to 20000 Hz, which is the audible frequency of humans.
The sound quality of these headphones is clear and good. These headphones have a supra-aural design so it provides great noise cancelation.
The earpads are made with memory foam which is famous for its super soft comfort property. The earpads of these headphones feel like pillows.
- Perfect frequency range of 20 Hz to 20000 Hz
- Super soft and comfortable ear pads
- Great sound quality with an unlimited playback time
- Memory foam retains heat in it so the earpads will become hot very soon.
Sennheiser Momentum in-Ear Wireless Black Headphones
Sennheiser is the top headphone brand in the world but this model uses Bluetooth 4.1 for connectivity.
These headphones are perfectly fit in your canals so it does not fall off frequently.
The weight of this headphone is 53 grams, which is very low when compared to other headphones.
So these headphones are more portable and come with NFC fast pairing. NFC fast pairing enables you to connect to headphones instantly.
- Excellent sound quality with a good backup battery
- Fast connection via NFC fast pairing
- More portable and comfortable headphones
- Instead of using the latest Bluetooth v5.0 these headphones uses Bluetooth v4.0
Panasonic Retro Over-Ear Headphones
These headphones come under Over-ear headphones so the sound quality is top-notch.
It has 40 mm drivers with neodymium magnets with powerful and clear bass and trebles.
However, the playback time is a little bit low when compared to other over-ear headphones.
The playback time of these headphones is 24 hours when fully charged. You can get 2.5 hours of playback time within 15 minutes of charging.
- Great sound quality with powerful bass tones
- Soft and comfortable ear cups with perfect fit
- Provide good noise isolation
- Little bit heavier and low playback time
Sennheiser GSP 350 Gaming Headphones
Sennheiser made this headphone for gamers and it provides a good gaming experience for users.
These headphones are most suitable for PC gaming. The noise-canceling microphone captures your voice perfectly without any external noise.
The ear cups of these headphones are made of memory foam which is famous for its super soft and comfortable properties.
It has 7.1 Dolby surround sound which will provide more details to the sound effects.
- Dolby 7.1 surrounds sound provide a good gaming experience
- Provide great noise isolation along with a good noise-canceling microphone
- Soft ear cups that provide more comfort
- Memory foam retains heat so the ear cups become warm very soon.
SoundMAGIC E11 In-Ear Earbuds
These headphones come under In-ear type with a comfortable fit to your ears.
The rubber caps of these headphones come in different sizes so you can choose any one set of earbuds that fit into your ear canals very well.
It is wired headphones so you can enjoy the music for unlimited hours.
The weight of the headphone (9.07 grams) is also very low which makes it more portable.
You can stuff the headphones into your pocket and take them wherever you want.
- Perfect fit into your ears
- Lightweight and more portable
- Unlimited playback time
- Your movements will be restricted because it is wired headphones.